Hi everyone! It’s time for another round of Drinks with the Girls! My blogging BFF, Melissa (A Prudent Life), and I loved the spring edition of Drinks with the Girls so much that we’ve decided to make it a seasonal blog hop! We have teamed up with some seriously talented ladies, and we’ve got some fun summer cocktail recipes that will make you want to grab your car keys and run to the store for ingredients! I’ve included a list of everyone’s links to their recipes at the end of this post, so be sure to visit them all and add some fun new cocktails to your recipe books!
For this summer edition, I’m so excited to be sharing this yummy Cherry Pie Moonshine recipe with you. To me, cherry pie just screams summertime and I knew I had to come up with a recipe for a cherry pie flavored moonshine. It’s perfect for backyard BBQs with friends or for the 4th of July. I love sipping it ice cold out of a mason jar, but there are many other ways you can enjoy it.
You can mix it up with some Sprite or ginger ale or you could even pour it over ice cream! This recipe makes approximately 3 1/2 quarts of shine. I use Everclear for the recipe, but if you are lucky enough to have some legit moonshine then by all means use that! Just remember to shine responsibly!
- 2 – 32 oz jars of Just Tart Cherry Juice
- 2 – 15 oz cans dark cherries in heavy syrup
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp almond extract
- 500 ml everclear
- In a large pot, bring the cherry juice, cherries, and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Add almond extract and everclear. Carefully pour into mason jars, leaving room to add the cherries. Divide the cherries evenly between the jars before placing the lids on them. Serve immediately or store in either the refrigerator or a cool, dark place.
Don’t forget to check out these other delicious looking cocktails! I can’t wait to give them all a try this summer! They make me want to have a girl’s night cocktail party.
1. Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade by Sypsie Designs
2. Grapefruit Perrier with Vodka and Fresh Raspberries by Dolen Diaries
3. Summer Sangria by One Krieger Chick
4. Stars & Stripes Sangria by Stuffed Suitcase
5. Strawberry Paradise by Tiny Sidekick
6. The Rand McNally by Upcycled Treasures
7. Grown Up Lemon Berry Slush by A Prudent Life
8. Cherry Pie Moonshine by Addicted 2 DIY
Linking up at these parties: