Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

Earlier this year, I made these DIY Glittered Heart Mason Jars and I kept wanting to make more.  Last week I saw these mason jars on sale at Michaels and bought a few.  I wanted to make a few as gifts and one for me:)

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

I gathered all of my supplies together.  Some favorite colors of glitter, Martha Stewart decoupage, a paint brush and some scrap pieces of vinyl.

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars Glitter Monogram Mason Jars Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

I carefully placed the vinyl on the mason jars and brushed on the decoupage.  I then sprinkled the glitter on and tapped off the excess.

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

I carefully peeled the vinyl off while the the decoupage was still wet.  That way I didn’t end up peeling up the glitter.  I let the decoupage dry for a few hours and then cleaned off any excess glitter from the mason jars.

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

I brushed three coats of decoupage over the glittered letters, letting the decoupage dry for an hour or two between coats.

Glitter Monogram Mason Jars

Once the jars are completely dry (maybe 24 hours), they’re safe to hand wash with soap and water.  They’re a perfect way to sip a cool drink and make sure nobody takes your glass!  Want to know the best part?  After the decoupage has cured for 28 days, it’s dishwasher safe!  That’s something that always makes me happy.  I try to avoid hand washing dishes as much as possible.  Who’s got time for that?!

These make great gifts for an special occasion, whether it be a birthday, bridesmaid gifts, teacher gifts, or Christmas gifts.  You can also use your friend’s favorite color of glitter to personalize it even more!

Nice idea! I have just tried it. However, it did not come out as neat and professional looking as your letters. Perhaps, ‘A’ is harder to do than C or K. Nonetheless, I like it and I’m thrilled with my creation!

However, it took me a while to find the correct vinyl letters. The ones I kept finding were not the outline of the letter. Where can I find the vinyl letters used? Thanks in advance.

I cut my vinyl letters out. I wouldnt know of another type of letters that you could use. I’m happy that you tried and are thrilled with the results!

Janae says

how did you cut your letters out?. did you first use a stencil and then an xacto knife?? just curious… i would like to make these for my coworkers for xmas! :)

Janae says

Where did you find the straws?.. and did the lids come with??.. also how did you make a hole for the straws in the lids??.. :)

Hi Janae, you can find the straws at most craft stores and even Target. I purchased the lids a long time ago on Etsy, but I’ve since seen them at craft stores like Hobby Lobby. For the letters, I used my Silhouette Machine to cut them out of vinyl. You could also cut them with a craft knife, but you’d have to find a shape/letter to trace.

Its hard to say. The Martha Stewart brand is also made by Plaid, which makes Mod Podge, but the Martha Stewart brand says online that it is dishwasher safe after 28 days.

Rita says

Is this decoupage you used in spray? I was thinking how to apply it on the letters only, without getting the glass dirty…

I cut vinyl letters out on my Silhouette. I’m sure you can find some in any craft store, but I can’t say for sure whether or not they have cursive.

1. […] Monogram drinks  luminaries: source this one is just pretty to me.. source Christmas Countdown and expressions vinyl has etching vinyl.….looks just like this without the mess.. source but you could totally just use regular vinyl as a stencil with the etching cream! source and they also have chalkboard vinyl…love the personalized jars.. source the ocd in me loves this.. […]